Sunday, August 30, 2009

My poor baby....

I must of jinxed myself. I have been bragging up a storm how I have been sooo lucky with Bayleigh. She has only been sick once - and it was a cold. It's when you don't have insurance is when you really really need it. We went up to Utah to get a trailer to move. For those who don't know already - we are moving back to Emery County this week. Justin starts a new job in Price the day after labor day - I sure hope it all works out for us. Anywho - my little brother had a game at Emery High thursday night. We were there for about 10 minutes when, in a blink of an eye, my little baby fell through the bleachers, falling about 15 feet down and hitting face first on the concrete below. All I could do was watch - the image will be forever imbedded in my head.
Luckily the ambulace was at the high school for the game. We got her strapped in the ambulance and rushed to "Casketview" Hospital in Price. (ps...I was really impressed with the hospital)
They did a cat scan on her and kept her over night in ICU for observation. We were definatly blessed - the outcome was only a bruised face and a tiny bruise on her knee.



Giving Daddy a big kiss before her cat scan. She was high as a kite with all the drugs they gave her.



She was put on a popsicle and pedia light diet - she didn't mind the popsicle diet one bit. Ignore my "beautiness"...it was a long night. They wrapped up her arm so she didn't pull out her IV







YEAH!!! I get to go home!!




Playing with her get well balloon. Thanks to all the Graham family who brough her balloons and a very reasonable stash of candy!

7 comments:

Kali said...

WHAT you are moving back in EC?! Crazy! Anyway, I'm so glad that's all that happened! Poor girl! That's scary!

The O'Neils said...

Oh my! Your poor baby! I'm glad they took care of you at casket view! I am so excited that you are moving back! We will have to get together!

Graham said...

That is so sad! Glad she is okay.

Calie and Dave said...

Poor thing, I am so glad she is OK! We should get together sometime when I come home to EC.

Bryan and Candice said...

Sad:( I'm glad she's okay.

The Thornleys said...

Glad that she is okay!! I bet that was so scary for you guys!! Glad to see your moving home:)

Kendall & Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! I remember Kurt telling us about this. That is so sad. Reading what you wrote made me wanna cry : ( poor baby. Glad she was ok though. I never got to hear how she was after.