Saturday, February 26, 2011

Before And After

We have been actually living in our house now for a month. I have finally put up before and after pictures. All of these pictures are from my phone.... so pardon the high def.

Let's start with the worst right off the bat. This room was terrible... oh my. This is the downstairs living room. As much as I loved that duck and cat tail weed wallpaper... ugh, it had to go. We were going to rip off all the panneling, but decided to just paint over.

Justin being a little to excited about ripping off wallpaper

This is what the walls looked like underneath all that beauty of wallpaper. It was terrible.

This is an after picture of the built in shelfs all around the room. When we took the wallpaper off the shelving it had huge chunks of sheet rock and crap missing (wish I would of took a pic). So our only option was to build it back up level and tile it.



after





This is before of Kortland's room

Bayleigh helping to rip off MORE wallpaper



And after some ripping and painting..... this is Kortland's room now.




This is before of our room. Luckily there was no wallpaper....just basic plain white walls


After. That brown accent wall was a night mare. I first painted it with a really pretty brown. But once about 2 o'clock came and the sun hit that wall... the pretty brown turned into a baby poop green. It was horrendace. So we had to re paint



This is before of Bayleigh's room.





And after.... we went extreme pink



another angle



Before pic of one of the bathrooms. WALLPAPER!!!!



After



Well those are just a few of the new and improved rooms. I thought I took pictures of all the rooms, but I don't see them downloaded on the computer. And once I flopped down on the couch and started posting all these, I do not have the ambition to get my butt up and go take pictures of the house and post them. We did paint the ENTIRE house. Every single wall has a fresh layer of paint. It was a lot of work... but so worth it. It's a completly new house. It's a multi level house (3 levels) So I love how there is a living room on the main level that doesn't have a TV and toys everywhere. It stays clean for all my many visitors (sarcastic). Then the TV and toys are all downstairs and out of view. Our room and Kortlands are on the top floor and Bayleighs is downstairs by the TV room. I was a little worried how she would do down there... but it's completly lit up and it doesn't bother her one bit. So we are good.





Now onto some pics of the kids. We have had a house full of sick people. Justin has been working out of town a lot lately. His roomate/co worker was sick...so Justin got sick. Then he came home for the weekend and got us sick. It's been a nasty flu/cold. So far Kortland hasn't got it... knocking on wood.
I walked downstairs yesterday to check on Bayleigh. She was down eating some raisins and watching cartoons. This is what I found her like....

yes, those are raisins in her nose. I blame this all on the cold medicine. And as for the headband... I got nothin

I was getting breakfast ready one morning when Bayleigh put "Baby Q" in the bouncer with Kortland. It was just cute so I had to take a pic....and all three are smiling to make it cuter.


And here is Kortland. Can't believe he is 2 1/2 months already. He's a stud. Before I was talking about how he doesn't sleep. It was not normal... like 5 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. Mom was a walking zombie. But when he was born I noticed his breathing was very raspy. The pediatrician in the hospital said nothing was wrong. So I believed the man who went through years and years of schooling. But when I took him to his 2 month check up I asked Dr. Madsen about it. He instantly took a urine sample and sent me to the hospital for a blood sample. I was then sent to a ENT doctor up in West Jordan. The doctor put a camera through Kortland's nose and down his throat. He noticed some swollen glands by his vocal cords. Like 3 times the size they should be!! Came to discover that Kortland has a form of acid reflux. He doesn't throw up anything out of the normal and didn't necessarily scream all the time. So I would of never thought anything was wrong... just a very bad sleeper. But the acid reflux was irritating his throat and lowering his oxygen levels when he fell asleep. No wonder he slept no longer than 10 minutes at a time. So after 2 doses of medicine a day... my little man has been sleeping from 5 hours a day to 15 or so!!! We now only wake up once at night. Mom is so much happier/alert. I was such a zombie that during our first sunday at our new ward I almost walked out a fire exit to get to the bathroom. lol... nice first impression. Justin was a little embaressed ha ha ha



















6 comments:

Tony and Ashley said...

Your house looks darling! What a difference some paint and decorating can make...you did such a good job on all the rooms! Wallpaper should seriously be illegal- we had a little border in Macie's room when we moved in and it was a pain in the butt to get off, so I can't even imagine the amount you had to remove! Anyway, congrats on the new cute house...and your kids are adorable! ;)

Kali said...

I love the before and after pics! Brought back memories of when we painted our ENTIRE house as well! And I am sooo happy you found out about your little boy and now he's sleeping better! I bet you want to kill that first doctor!

Terrence and Laura said...

Congrats on the new house! What an exciting new step even with all the work it took. Hope you all get feeling better soon!

njkilfoyle said...

Your house looks so cute. Good job!! Your kids are adorable. :)

Graham said...

WTH Kensi! You updated your blog so now I look lazy. lol. Guess I better get to work and update. can't wait to come and visit your new house! Your kids are adorable! You guys did an awesome job fixing all that horrible wallpaper! I'm impressed.

The Thornleys said...

You're house looks great! i love Your little girls room! So cute!!! Glad you figured out what was wrong with Kortland.