Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Memorial weekend was pretty fun this year. Saturday was Justin's big 26 birthday!! We spent it by attending my sister in law's graduation from Westminster. I was nervous on how Bayleigh would handle a loooong graduation... but by my surprise... she was a little angel. Only kicked the people in front of us 4 times. So she was awarded with the movie Nemo... and as much as I like that show...I am already sick of it.


Cami and landon
Sunday we just spent all day outside playing basketball and cooking up some yummy yummy ribs for Justin's "Birthday dinner". I should of got pictures of those ribs.... you would all be drooling right now. I got an awesome recipe from my friend. You smoke them on your barbecue for hours....and oh my.... oh so good.

Jade and Bayleigh playing basketball




Monday morning the cemetary in Castle Dale had a flag ceremony and little tribute. It was really neat. Both my Grandparents died this year... only 3 months from each other. My Grandma has this headstone created and ordered only a few days before she died. Only thing we had to do was call and give them they date she died. This was delivered just in time for memorial day.




Bayleigh giving them kisses




I just realized I didn't put up the picture of them shooting their guns. That was the coolest part. But - I don't want to go back and re do all the pictures. So just imagine all these young men shooting their guns. Both my Grandparent's were in the Navy. There is only one other lady buried there with military honors - we have yet to find out who.

After the cemetary - me and Justin took Bayleigh Crawdad fishing at Huntington lake. I only took pictures on my phone. She was so funny about it. After we caught one I told her - "look, we caught Mr. Crabs". She then looked over the side of the dock and asked - "where is Sponge Bob then?"
Later we had a bbq at my Grandpa and Grandma Fielder's house. The family has started coming together more - it only took a death to realize that family is important. It was a lot of fun.
This tire swing has been there for 30 plus years - and still a hit for the grandkids.


There is a "time out chair" no matter where we go. I don't think she minded much though. Cause this was her view...........













3 comments:

Graham said...

Heck put ME in time out. I wish I had that view. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Kali said...

I hear ya on the Nemo movie! Ava was obsessed with it! She still calls EVERY fish she sees Nemo!

njkilfoyle said...

She is so dang cute. Getting so big. How are you feeling? Hope all is well. Have fun!!