Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

The first two pictures were taken not long before Easter weekend. The weather was beautiful and we were at the park ALL day. I thought for sure it was time to pull out the flip flops for good. It's not....
Coloring easter eggs. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures. My camera is sitting right inside that black purse in the corner of the picture. Justin took this with his phone - and that's the only picture we felt we needed to take of Bayleigh coloring eggs for the first time :/
(Notice the "beautiful" picture of me on the fridge lol. I was messing around with Justin's phone and noticed he didn't have any pictures of his wife on there - so I had a photo shoot. He decided to print it off and hang it on the fridge. So THAT is what everyone gets to see when they open the fridge. )
I love pulling pranks on my Dad - so we decided to dye an egg green and write"Jack is #1" on it. This certain egg was NOT boiled. And when he found it the next morning he said..."aw, is this for me? Can I have it now?" He cracked it on the corner of the wall and soon raw egg was running down the wall. lol - it was classic. Wish I would of got a picture of it.

Castle Dale had their Easter egg hunt on a very windy day. Power was out at our house for about 4 hours. We didn't stay long - grabbed a couple eggs and was on our way. I was surprised at how many troopers actually showed up for it though - considering the weather condition.


These next two pictures are mostly to show just how windy it was that day






Easter bunny came to our house on Saturday this year. Me and Justin were having a "weekend get away" and we didn't want to miss the Easter bunny. Bayleigh was so into it - it was awesome. She is in "aw" with Sponge Bob (notice the pajamas) and when she seen that the Easter Bunny left her a bunch of Sponge Bob fruit snacks and Crabby Patti gummies she was beyond thankful for that Easter Bunny. And everytime we go to WalMart she has to 1: go see the fish. and 2: go ride bikes. I was going to get her a couple little fish for Easter but the tanks were empty. So I had to go with plan 2 - the most expensive plan - and get her a bike.







Me and Justin got 5 tickets to conference this year. 3 tickets to the Saturday 2:00 session and 2 to the Sunday 10:00 session. We decided to give the 3 tickets to my Mom, Dad, and Jade. We went up to Salt Lake saturday morning - did a little shopping and what not and then my parents took Bayleigh home with them after the session was out. I have never left Bayleigh over night before - it was a much needed break. Me and Justin stayed at the Little America and then attended the 10:00 session the next day. Only words I have to describe it is WOW!! It was so cool. The conference center holds 21,000 people - and every seat was full. Plus the tabernacle AND Joseph Smith Memorial was full....AND there were thousands of people outside in hope to get a seat that nobody claimed. It was loud in there cause 21,000 people were carrying on a conversation... but the second President Monson walked into the conference center it went dead silent and everyone stood up. It sent chills down your spine! It was the coolest thing ever!!
our seats were on the first balcany - 2nd row up - dead center. Perfect seats.
Afterwards we walked around temple square for a little while. Of course I didn't take my camera with me so I got these pictures off the internet. The place was beyond packed and beyond gorgeous. Flowers were blooming everywhere. Wish I would of had my camera. There were tons of protesters outside. There was one paticular guy that baggin on the mormon religion and his son (who obviously was forced into standing there with him) was holding up a note book that had written on it....I am with a real Christian ------->
What a wonderful way to spend Easter weekend - to remind you of why we celebrate the day.












4 comments:

Calie and Dave said...

We went to conference in the FALL and it was really awesome. Such a different experience than watching it on the television. You guys were very brave to rough it
in that wind storm all for a few eggs. That's EC for you though!

The Thornleys said...

looks like you had tons of fun! Are weekends away the best :)

njkilfoyle said...

Bayleigh is ADORABLE!!! Wow 2 already?! Time flys huh. Well she is a cutie. Looks like youre having fun.

njkilfoyle said...

Congrats!! I hear youre prego too. Thats awesome. Hope all is well.