Monday, March 15, 2010

What a man what a man what a mighty good man!

My friend Gina asked me why I haven't updated my blog forever. She said..."there has to me something exciting going on in Emery County besides snow." Well, the truth is, there isn't. So I started thinking about something I could do a post on. We haven't taken any exciting trips, we haven't won the lottery yet, we are STILL living with my parents, the list could go on and on about what is not going right in our lives right now...UGH! But once I look past all those annoying things I realize that something GREAT is happening in our lives right now. That handsome man whose picture is above.... has reached an awesome mile stone. Feb 21 marked the one year anniversary of when he was baptized and confirmed a member of the church! How cool is that?! THEN...this sunday he was "approved", if you might say, by the bishop, stake president, and the ENTIRE stake (is was our stake conference) to recieve his melchizedek priesthood. He will be getting set apart sometime real soon...probably sunday.
I see all these people giving "shout outs" to people....well, I am doing my first shout out. I want to give a shout out to Justin....even though I don't think he will read this... but I want to let him know how proud I am of how hard he has worked towards all this. When people find out he has only been a member for a year they are blown away. They all thought that he for sure has been a member his whole life. He has learned a lot and has a very strong testimony. We have started our temple classes and will soon be going to the temple....April 28th in Las Vegas...hopefully they have an opening that day. Better get scheduling that. Thanks to everyone who has been an example and have helped Justin reach this awesome mile stone!!!

9 comments:

Tony and Ashley said...

Yay, I'm glad you have a blog! Now we can be blog buddies as well as facebook buddies! I'm totally adding you to my list!

Denise said...

That is AWESOME! I am so happy for Justin and even more happy for your cute family getting sealed! Hopefully, we won't be far behind you guys with that! Hope everything else is going okay with you! :)

Scottie and Tasha said...

How exciting! and to answer your question we were able to get our Utah/Notre Dame tickets early because we are crimson club members.

Sam and Josh said...

She is so cute. I didn't know you had a blog.

Graham said...

That is exciting news! I can't wait until you come down here to be sealed!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you found our blog because now I get to see yours! You are too cute! I love your little fam and I am so glad you are in our ward. We need to get together sometime! If you want to. :) Is it okay if I put you on my Castle Dale list?

njkilfoyle said...

That is SO awesome Kensi. CONGRATS to you guys. I am so happy for you. Bayleigh is adorable. Love the dress she is in.

Jossie said...

That is so exciting! If you are able to get that day and don't mind Karl and I crashing your sealing we would love to if we can find a sitter :-) BTW, got the BSB music from Gina today. Thanks!

Pete and Layci said...

Goosebumps!! Wow kens! That is so awesome and i am so excited for you guys! I remember when pete got set apart and our temple experience and couldnt be happier for you guys!!! YAY!!!!!!!!